none
Remote desktop file copy fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am running remote desktop client on my windows embedded compact 7(WEC7) device. And connect to an Windows 7 PC running RDP server. I have enabled options of local Drives and resources from my device.

I am able to copy files from windows 7 PC, and when I paste on WEC7 device, an error prompts

"cannot read from source file or disk".

This error also appears when I copy from device to PC.

Does any one face this issue?

What is the resolution for this?

Regards

Pradeep

deepu

Friday, February 14, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi all,

Below are my findings regarding the RDP file copy issue.

From Comapact 7 documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee484339%28v=winembedded.70%29.aspx

The file redirection filter is implemented by using a file system driver. A sample driver is available at %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Rdp\Oak\Uit\filterfs. This sample implementation limits file redirection to external storage. You can customize this sample driver to filter the file system in a manner that suits your needs.

Below test was performed with WEC7 device running with RDP client

1) Device to PC copy - Success

USB flash drive is attached to device. copy a file from USB flash drive and paste on windows 7 PC . File copy is succeeded.

2) PC to Device copy - Failed

USB flash drive is attached to PC. copy a file from USB flash drive and paste on WEC7 device. File copy fails without any errors.

If some one has faced this issue/know the resolution for the failure case, please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards

Pradeep

deepu

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:56 AM