none
Could i create a named query which use another named queries?? #OLAP #Cube #SSAS

Question

• Hello everyone 

Could i create a named query which use another named queries??

if i's possible how !???Thank you in advance .

Djaber T

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Djaber,

As far as I know, this is not possible. although in DSV cube allows you to reference another named query, you will have issues with it. 

If you want to try it, you can create a new named query and in the FROM clause instead of referring a table/view name you can reference the named query name. But when you hit the execute button the definition changes to the original table name.

So if you want to combine two named queries then you please use the entire query definition in the new named queries or create another view definition in the backend and reference the view in DSV.

HTH,

Ram

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Hi Djaber,

Thanks for your question.

>>>Could i create a named query which use another named queries??
    No, we could not. As we can see from below screenshot, if it is a named query, then the function "Relpace table with new named query" will be disabled. However, instead of creating another named queries, you can edit the named query to get the desired results. To do that, you just need to right click on the named query, select "Edit Named Query..."

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:34 AM