Mobile services node.js deployment RRS feed

• Question

•  
    the article "How to use Twilio for voice and SMS capabilities from Mobile Service" describes the page /KuduExec/index.html  

this does not work on our mobile service - this seems to be how to get into the Azure Mobile Service console.

We have got round this by deploying the twilio node.js component using git.

This worked (mostly) in our test environment (pocketFM), but failed in to PocketFMLive.

We replicated the issue in PocketFMTest - which showed that the issue was with the deployed path length - as the twilio component has several layers that are included in the project.
    We think we have a fix for this - renamed the twilio node to tw so saving the 4 characters although a more appropriate work around would probably be useful as some of the npm deployment is still failing.
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the filenames are too long then the package will not be uploaded to Azure. I found this out by trying to publish to the emulation of Azure, which gave me the correct errors. I'm not sure why it doesn't give the errors when pushing to the real Azure instance.

Node.js Note:

The main source for filenames/paths that are too long are the modules. When installing modules through NPM, the module will install it's dependencies that aren't present at the time. Be sure to look through your module file structure and try to slim it down(I'm working on a script to balance it for you).

About how to solve the long length during deployment, please try the method that the following thread provided, the thread link is: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/1763bb64-e46a-46ea-bf38-e2f9f3953762/problem-with-file-path-length-during-deployment, if this didn’t give you help, please give us more information for a better help.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 18, 2013 6:42 AM