Azure Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) deploying - is access to internet required? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I am deploying WVD and everything is working fine if I'm using vnet/subnet with access to Internet.  

However, if I'm using subnet with NO access to Internet it finish deployment successfully, but the Hosts (VMs) never appear under Session Hosts...  I think they need to download some binaries from the web and that's why it's failing...

I also tried to manually install Agent (with registration key from my Host Pool) and Boot loader, but it still does not work. 

Is access to the web for Session Hosts a requirement for WVD deployment?

Thank you!

Oleg Aronov

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 3:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Oleg Aronov,

Thanks for posting your query on the MSDN forum.

We have a dedicated forum for answering technical inquiries related to Windows Virtual Desktop at - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-virtual-desktop/bd-p/WindowsVirtualDesktop this would help you connect with the right experts to get your queries answered/clarified.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by olegarr Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:30 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 8:18 AM