Set speed in update from other service?? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi:
           At first  I must declare that I have no experience with Multi-thread programe.I decide to ask this question at here . 
           I can set the communication between two services. however, I  found that when I want to use an UI to set the speed of the arm each frame in the simulation, Maybe I can also use another service to set the speed of the robot "object" (not class) in the service. We all know the robot has an update function, which will produce a new frame 1/60 s. so how to set the speed in other service????  I found the communication is a tough work.Maybe somebody can give me a better example.
         THX
    mrds_july
    Friday, December 26, 2008 9:22 AM

Answers

•  I cannot answer your question directly because it depends on your implementation. However, I will make one suggestion.

If you have your own arm simulation, then you should expose the arm via a set of operations on a service. The service can talk directly to the simulation entity, but other applications should NOT do this. If they do, they will only ever work with the simulator and you will never be able to migrate to real hardware.

This is really a Simulation question and should be in the Simulation forum. I see that you have already asked a similar question there. So please continue with the thread in Simulation, not here.

Trevor

Friday, December 26, 2008 10:11 PM

All replies

•  I cannot answer your question directly because it depends on your implementation. However, I will make one suggestion.

If you have your own arm simulation, then you should expose the arm via a set of operations on a service. The service can talk directly to the simulation entity, but other applications should NOT do this. If they do, they will only ever work with the simulator and you will never be able to migrate to real hardware.

This is really a Simulation question and should be in the Simulation forum. I see that you have already asked a similar question there. So please continue with the thread in Simulation, not here.

Trevor

Friday, December 26, 2008 10:11 PM
  • Hi Taylor:
        Thx, happy new year.
        I will wait in the simulation forum
    mrds_july
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:19 AM