none
Failed to save configuration changes to public IP address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to configure dns name for virtual machine, the problem is, that when I fill in new parameters of Public IP Address in Configuration section (assignment to static and setting dns name label) I got an error notification on save. The error is: Failed to save configuration changes to public IP address 'MachineName-ip'. Error: error.

The main problem is, that error description (lack of it) is not helpful at all.
    Have any of you had similar situation?

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Is the resource which is associated to the Public IP is VM?

Can you confirm that? If it is VPN gateway it will not work. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:46 AM
  • It is windows VM. I also tried to change IP address of Network interface to new one, but also got an error (Failed to save IP address changes for network interface 'virtualmachine1111'. Error: error). I also couldn't detach network interface from VM (Failed to detach network interface 'virtualmachine1111' from virtual machine 'virtualmachine'. Error: error).

I finally gave up, and created new public ip address with set DNS and created new virtual machine with this public ip address.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:58 AM
  • If you still need help on the other VM, you can drop an email to azcommunity@microsoft.com with your subscription ID and I can take a look. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:58 PM
  • I have sent an email to azcommunity@microsoft.com - I can see more problems with my account now. For example similiar error when I try to restart or stop VM (Failed to stop the virtual machine 'virtuammachine'. Error: error)
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:48 PM
  • I have enabled one time free support for you and sent you an email as well. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:47 PM