Possible Corrupted Excel Personal.xlsb file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Not sure if anyone can help. I attempted to add a Macro to my Personal Workbook to make it available for all workbooks but I think it has become corrupted.

I have attempted to uninstall Office 365 ProPlus and re-install but it seems to pick up previous office settings.

I tried the same Macro on my lap-top but the same thing is happening on it too.

I'm not sure if the Office 365 ProPlus keeps the Excel Personal template on the server it has set up for my own domain. I'm not sure if it does and how to restore the Personal.xlsb back to original setting. (Even though the Personal.xlsb resides locally on my computers).

The macro in question is a simple one copied from the msdn site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff820716(v=office.15).aspx - 'Highlighting the active cell'.

When I create a blank macro and copy the code to replace the blank macro, it disappears. Then when I create a new blank macro I can see the previous macro with the code but it doesn't show up on the initial macro launch dialogue box.

Any help would be appreciated.

sandypaul44@hotmail.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi sandypaul,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

According to your descrption, you are developing a macro in an Excel Workbook template.

What did you mean corrupt? It seems that you create the workbook from your Workbook template and you didn't want the code from tempalte. Did i understood correctly? Or did you get any error message?

>>When I create a blank macro and copy the code to replace the blank macro, it disappears. Then when I create a new blank macro I can see the previous macro with the code but it doesn't show up on the initial macro launch dialogue box.<<

I am not able to understand it exactly, would you mind listing the detailed steps that we can reproduce this issue?

Also here is a link save and use Workbook template for your reference:
    Save a workbook or worksheet as a template

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 1, 2015 3:21 AM