none
Office/Outlook 2019 version number RRS feed

• Question

• As Office/Outlook 2019 is about to be released to the broad masses I wanted to know which version number it will be? Office/Outlook 2016 ist 16.0, I suspected 2019 will be 17.0 but the Office 356 version I have installed still shows 16.0 .

Will this be changed before the public release?

I am asking because in our VSTO add-in I sometimes needed to distinguish different versions as work around of some bugs in Outlook. If Outlook 2019 will stay at 16.0 then I probably will get into trouble, as soon as I encounter a 2019 specific problem.

Regards
    Alex

Friday, September 28, 2018 12:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi GP_AST,

Thank you for your attention. Office 365, Office 2019, and Office 2016 all have the same version: 16.0

You can refer to the following link:

Supported scenarios for installing different versions of Office, Visio, and Project on the same computer

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Marked as answer by GP_AST Monday, October 1, 2018 7:45 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Hey Simon,

thanks for the answer, even though i had hoped it would be different.
    Hopefully I won't to distinguish between the versions.

Regards
    Alex

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:45 AM
  • That's it. I fully understood what your mean. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 1, 2018 7:50 AM
  • You'll find the version and build number under Product Information. I have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed!!!
    • Edited by LewisM10 Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:01 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:00 AM