none
tracking graphics driver performance from user space RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to track graphics driver performance from user space pragmatically.  Also would like to change graphics parameters like rotating screen , changing resolution etc.

How can i do that ? Can anybody please suggest ?

Best regards

mrutyunjaya

Friday, November 16, 2018 10:49 AM

Answers

• Performance can be measured using the Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA), which is free and part of the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). There are a variety of APIs for manipulating the screen, such as ChangeDisplaySettingsEx

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:58 PM

All replies

• Performance can be measured using the Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA), which is free and part of the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). There are a variety of APIs for manipulating the screen, such as ChangeDisplaySettingsEx

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:58 PM
  • Is it not possible to track graphics driver performance pragmatically without using tool ?

Mrutyunjaya

Saturday, November 17, 2018 3:55 AM
  • If you mean programmatically, then yes, using ETW - but, you're going to spend many man-years writing the same tools to gather and process the data

-Brian

Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Thanks a lot. Can you please tell me any sample, link is available which I can refer for this .

Mrutyunjaya

Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:46 AM
  • ETW part 1

-Brian

Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:50 PM