none
VB.Net ReportViewer: An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalProcessingException' occurred in Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll

Answers

All replies

• Hi jimbrown.ws,

Can you tell me that the params are the data you acquire from the Stored Procedure of database? And can you provide your Stored Procedure here so that I can analyze this issue better.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:59 AM
  • No Stored Procedure or Database.  just passing these parameters at load.  followed this example:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVImPdRbVAs

Dim params(1) As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter
                params(0) = New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("rptTitle", "Report Title")
                params(1) = New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter("rptBody", "Report Body ...")
                ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(params)

Work Smarter Not Harder

• Edited by jimbrown.ws Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:36 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:36 PM
  • Got this to work using existing code and this doc to install ReportViewer  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/application-integration/integrating-reporting-services-using-reportviewer-controls-get-started

I don't like how Microsoft did not include a ReportViewer Control in VS2017 and you have to install the nuget package for each project as well as the massive amount of overhead / dll's that are required.  I could live with the one Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll but there are 57 files and 27 directories 28mb.  I will go back to 3rd party reporting,  Component One or Telerik 

Work Smarter Not Harder

• Marked as answer by jimbrown.ws Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:31 PM
    • Edited by jimbrown.ws Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:31 PM
  • Hi jimbrown.ws,

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:52 AM