Built-in Feedback please !

General discussion

• Please add OS built-in feedback tool.
    Probably should realize the possibility of dragging the application icon on the feedback window. Then the agent will be able to collect all the necessary context info and to specify a list of categories of message, perhaps by sorting it according of statistics.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:09 AM

All replies

• It could be a good suggestion, but note that in feedback tools , it been assumed that users are familiar with usage of it and sometimes feedback are represent set of applications, such as general feedback for all metro style application and sometimes there is feedback for something that is not exist , such as suggest a new feature in Windows.
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:04 PM
  • The Windows 7 beta/RC had a built in feedback tool - it's possible that when Windows 8 beta/RC are released they will also have one built in.

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:00 PM
  • I agree. It would be nice if there could be feedback before the beta version comes out, cause a lot of kinks can and probably would be worked out before the beta release if we could have give our feedback.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:07 AM
  • I agree. It would be nice if there could be feedback before the beta version comes out, cause a lot of kinks can and probably would be worked out before the beta release if we could have give our feedback.

Hi there, you can give feedbacl via the bug submit Tools available from the connect program of the preview.

as per the previous answers, it is a pre beta, so having feedback (functional/operational) on the generalistic use of this version is out of scope i guess...the only real feedback needed as per Dev Preview is coming from Applications Developpers and integration problematics...i think...

if you're more an IT Pro, like me, we 'll have to wait for the beta (or an IT Pro Preview :) ) to submit such feedback.

i guess it comes with the human ressources needed to analyse those feedbacks, if it takes a few seconds to sent one it takes a bit longer to file it Under the right category or re-route it to the right peoples...so we'll have to wait till dev teams are filled up with feedbacks for IT Pros to kick in :)

best regards,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:36 AM
  • I did not mean the beta\RC version. I believe that feedback is needed a release OS.
    To date, feedback from Microsoft is very fragmented. There is no single location or a single interface, even a single list of products there.
    As I once was unable to create a note on Microsoft Connect. Because the drop-down list of categories simply did not give me the opportunity to create it. And this is after I spent a lot of time trying to even find the MS Connect site of other MS sites for similar purpose.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:36 AM