Language settings for date formatting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an issue with the formatting of month names. When I use the formula "=FORMAT(18-07-2016,"mmm") I get the Dutch name "juli" instead of the English name "July". Language settings of my PowerPivot model are as below, anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Language Options: Match Excel Language

Current Language:=English (United States)

Model Language:= Dutch (Nederlands)

Many thanks in advance for the feedback.

Monday, July 18, 2016 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vhavan,

Which language of Office are you installed?

Based on my research, the issue can be caused by that you have installed the Office 2013 Language Pack Dutch 32 bit. You can go to Office 2013 Language Preference to check it. In order to avoid this issue, please try to install Office 2013 Language Pack English 32 bit (New alternative link) and check if this issue persists or not, the language pack is available on the link below.
    https://www.itechtics.com/office-2013-language-packs-free/

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:33 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

Settings of Office Language Preferences are all set to default at "English (United States)".

With these setting the problem still occurs. Even if I enter a date in a cell in an excel sheet the date is translated to Dutch. Changing the format by adding [$-409] solves it for the excel sheet, but doesn't work in powerpivot.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Vincent, any luck with this?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, July 29, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Vincent, you can send a Frown to the Power Pivot team if you run into any more troubles. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:22 AM
  • I have the same problem. Any solution to this? 
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:04 PM