This Page if opened by Internet Explorer hangs it RRS feed

All replies

• Please provide the URL of a live-site repro; pages downloaded from dropbox will behave very differently than a real website.
    Monday, May 12, 2014 9:02 PM
  • I have hosted the page at this url

http://experiment1.net78.net/Hangs.html

But it's working after hosting. If you save its page source in an html file and then open it in Internet Explorer, It gets hanged and keep loading the page.

My problem is with local html files as I can't host them to show in my application using WebBrowser Control.

Please suggest some solution or workaround for the same.

Regards, Premjeet Singh

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:23 AM
  • This Page if opened by Internet Explorer hangs it. Tested on IE 8, 9 & 10. Haven't tested on IE 11 though.
    What settings(scripts) can i disable to open this smoothly.

If this is IE issue,  you could use the Developer Tools (F12) within your browser to check the Console to see if any errors are occurring.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 30, 2014 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

What kind of content is displayed in the page and what kind of technology do you use such as Javascript and JQuery and so on?

How about you open it with non-IE browsers? Does it also hang or not?

Here are some trouble-shooting steps you may want to try if you find that your Internet Explorer freezes or crashes frequently:

1] To begin with, clear Internet Explorer Cache via it Settings or by using Disk Cleanup Tool or run CCleaner. Next run your antivirus software to check for malware infections. Run sfc /scannow and at the end, reboot if asked for. This will replace corrupted system files if any. Finally, Open IE, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to Default level, and see if it helps.

2] If still you find your IE giving problems,  close it and run IE (No Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins. If it works fine, then it is obviously one of your add-ons that may be causing problems. Use the Manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to find out which one is causing the problem.

Try to narrow down and identify the offending add-on and then disable or remove it completely.

3] In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. The Reset Internet Explorer option deletes all temporary files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

Incidentally, you can also Reset Internet Explorer settings easily with Microsoft Fix It.

4] Use Software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering and see if if stops the crashes. You will find the setting under Internet Options > Advanced tab.

5] You may want to read this article on how to Repair Internet Explorer and see if something helps you.

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:04 AM