Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Greetings! Can you guide me on this issue:

I sent an email to SalesManagement-APAC @ solarwinds.com, from my email address(pingatwork @ mydomain.com)

then I received undeliverable notice email, said that : 

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:SalesManagement-APAC @ solarwinds.com. Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: BN8PR11MB3667.namprd11.prod.outlook.com

SalesManagement-APAC @ solarwinds.com
    Remote Server returned '554 5.7.0 < #5.7.133 smtp;550 5.7.133 RESOLVER.RST.SenderNotAuthenticatedForGroup; authentication required; Delivery restriction check failed because the sender was not authenticated when sending to this group>'

My questions: what should I do to fix this so that pingatwork@mydomain.com can send email to SalesManagement-APAC @ solarwinds.com?

Thank you

Thursday, August 13, 2020 6:24 AM

All replies

• The recipient address is configured to only allow authenticated senders. Your account is not authenticated to the recipient's domain, so the email is blocked. This is often configured to block emails from external senders, and/or automated emails from programs that send emails from non-authenticated/verified addresses/users; especially for distribution groups.
    Saturday, August 15, 2020 10:33 PM
  • Hi Robotitude,

Thanks a lot for explaining and answering my question. 

In such case, my next small question is if I can't email to their sales email address, what can I do to contact this company for a sale's inquiry? without a toll-free line or skype.

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:30 AM
  • No problem. There are a few other sales-related email addresses on their website. I recommend starting here: https://www.solarwinds.com/company/contact-us

Monday, August 17, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Hi Robotitude,

Thanks for finding and providing the URL.  I tried a few email addresses and called the phone numbers, all not able to deliver or phone is busy at all time on different days. wondering is there any staff working or all on non-paid leave :)  

Thursday, August 20, 2020 4:29 AM
  • Are you getting the same error when sending to these addresses as you were before?

Also, have you tried contacting SolarWinds using the web form on that webpage instead of sending a direct email?

Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:48 PM
  • yes, i did the web form as well. but nobody from Solarwinds replies to my RFQ requests via email/phone call/web form. This could only be explained as tale of COVID-19 time:)

Friday, August 21, 2020 4:27 AM