branding logo on tiles in RTL languages

Question

• I'm using a branding logo for my sample app.

When i view it in RTL languages, I see my branding logo on the tile is not changing direction (i mean it stays down in the left corner).

Can someone please let me know if i need to do something specific to handle this ?

Thanks !!

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Minu,

I'm not sure what you mean by the branding logo on the tile. Is the behavior you see unique to your app or is it also in other apps? It may help if you can explain how you're setting this logo and show a picture of the expected vs. the actual behavior.

You can provide alternate images for RTL systems as documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh965324.aspx#layout_direction

--Rob

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks..I actually meant the small logo/name that is placed on the app's tile. As you could see down from the below image, the app name/logo is placed at the bottom right corner for a RTL language. I meant that and wanted to know how to achieve that ? I've used pagedirection for a desirable RTL view for my text resources. 

BiDi tile

Thanks !!

BiDi tile

English tile:

English tile

BiDi tile

English tile:

English tile

Friday, December 6, 2013 3:08 AM
  • I don't think you should have to do anything. The position should automatically flip on an RTL system, but I don't have one handy to check on. Are you seeing something different?

--Rob

Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:43 AM
    Owner
  • Yes Rob, My logo alone is not flipping automatically on a RTL system.We are using flipped images for the tile as such but this logo alone i wanted to check if there is something that can control it like pagedirection.

Thanks !!

Saturday, December 7, 2013 2:38 AM