The borders appear in the body, several times repeated then the actual body will appear. These are shared borders RRS feed

• Question

• I have Web /Expression Web 2  and I have been having the pages come up with the borders repeated several time in the body

I will clear it all out and then it suddenly appears this way when I pull it up again, sometimes a repeat of the top and left side boarder several times in the body then the real body comes in at the bottom. I delete this and it will appear again.

It will be okay for one or two openings and maybe 2 or three time later this happens again. I cannot seem to see it in the codes.

These are shared borders on the top and the left side.  How do I get this "bug" out of this website?
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:32 PM

All replies

• No clue.  We can't see your files on your PC.

Publish the page, and give us a link.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 4:38 PM
  • As Kathy said, for appearance/display issues, we need to see the affected pages in situ, complete, with markup, CSS, images, and scripting, if any. Publish the page(s) exhibiting the problem to a temporary location and provide a link to it here.

That said, EW4 is known to barf on Shared Borders, exhibiting the symptoms you are describing. Is anyone other than you working on the site? Could they possibly be using EW4?

cheers,
    sccott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:15 PM
  • "These are shared borders on the top and the left side. "

If you mean old FrontPage shared borders, the best way to solve problems with them is to stop using them.

Use a DWT, or includes, for shared content.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:50 PM