Autologon multiple users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have developed an Windows Embedded 8 Standard operating system with two users, a-low-privileged user and the administrator. The autologon is configured for the default user, but I need to log as administrator if an USB stick is inserted in the device.

I have third party software installed that verifies that this USB device is inserted in the system in order to access as administrator, but as autologin is configured for the default user, the system logs the default user on even if the stick is inserted. The only way I have for logging as administrator is to push "close session" or "switch user".

Is there any method to tell the system to log as administrator even if autologin is configured for another user?

If I change the autologon user to administrator, is there any way to specify a list of users to automatically log in if it fails the "first" autologon process??

Thanks for your support!

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:37 AM

All replies

• You may want to look into the credential providers for LogonUI. The WES7 installation has some of Windows 7 SDK examples. The credential provider allows those making biometric and custom login methods to create their own logon without being locked out of the system. In your case, programing a credential provider to scan for the USB flash disk and then log into the appropriate account.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb648647(v=vs.85).aspx

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:31 PM