Run automated tests as interactive processes RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Test Controller on my box and configured it to connect to my collection on TFS.  I have also installed the agent on both my box and another box.  When I try to configure the agent to run interactively I am getting the following message:

"Test agent is not configured to run interactively under this account.  Run the Test Agent Confinguration Tool to change the interactive user account."

When I run the config tool I select Interactive.  Any idea why this message appears.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The test agent configuration tool allows you to run the agent as process under a specified user account. This account can also be specified in the test agent configuration tool. Can you check that the account that you have specified in the test agent configuration tool is the same under which you are logged-in and trying to run tests?

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:12 AM

All replies

• When trying to restart the agent through Visual Studio I get the error message  "Service VSTTAgent was not found on computer 'xyz'"

How do I install this agent?

Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

The test agent configuration tool allows you to run the agent as process under a specified user account. This account can also be specified in the test agent configuration tool. Can you check that the account that you have specified in the test agent configuration tool is the same under which you are logged-in and trying to run tests?

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:12 AM