none
MapViewRestriction.OneWorldOnly and SetView() issue RRS feed

• Question

• In my app, I set the view restriction property to "OneWorldOnly", which worked as expected, but I did notice one oddity that might be a feature or a bug.

I had the map positioned over Los Angeles, zoomed out until the scale showed "400 miles", scrolled the map over Japan, and then pushed a button which is supposed to scroll to "my location" (as obtained from a geo locator) and zoom to level 16. The button just does a SetView(location, zoom), and I verified that the location was correct.

The result of that was that the map scrolled eastward to the middle of the Pacific ocean, stopped there, and then zoomed to level 16. I expected it to scroll to Los Angeles and zoom. If I remove the line of code to set the view restriction, I get the expected behavior.

The behavior for the "one world" restriction isn't what I expected, but is it supposed to work that way? If it is, should it work that way?

Thanks,

Mark Peters

Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this. This is a bug and we have identified the cause. This will be fixed in our next release.
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:08 PM