none
When is Rx going to be delivered as part of .NET

Question

• Does anyone know when Rx is going to be pulled into .NET (i.e. installed in the GAC, etc.)? The reason I ask is that the current model of just having everyone ship their own copy of the Rx assemblies is a looming compatibility nightmare. For example, if I develop a scheduler that implements the IScheduler interface from the 2.2.5 version of Rx, and then someone tries to use that scheduler with Rx 2.2.6 (or whatever the future version might be), they are going to be in a world of hurt if I don't supply a version of my scheduler that is built against 2.2.6 (in which case I am in a world of hurt because my support load just doubled). I need a distribution mechanism for Rx that allows for a single installed version with publisher policy files that redirect older versions forward (i.e. the GAC).
    Wednesday, October 07, 2015 8:23 PM

All replies

• yuk the GAC is not the way; side-by-side installation of different versions can't be achieved; your example of the IScheduler is also poor as public interfaces don't change they may be extended but do change for backwards compat reasons; also think about dependency injection ;)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:04 PM