none
Hide Outlook's appointment window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are developing an add-in for Outlook 2010. In this add-in, we have a custom appointment window (displayed with WPF). We have a ribbon with a "Create-new"-button within, that open's that window. The window is also shown, when an appointment is double-clicked by the user.

Now, we also need to "hide" the normal appointment window when double-clicking within the calendar on a slot. I haven't found any event like "BeforeCreate" within the API of an explorer or an inspector; also i don't know how to prevent the normal window to show, only displaying our custom window.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Michael

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:59 PM

Answers

• Inspectors.NewInspector() will fire when an item is opened. You can get a handle to the Inspector in that window, which is a weak object reference at that time (until the first Activate() event fires on the Inspector).

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "MichiBeckAugsburg" <=?utf-8?B?TWljaGlCZWNrQXVnc2J1cmc=?=> wrote in message news:c0ef34e5-ed1b-4fa6-810e-68c9b60ecc23...

Hello,

we are developing an add-in for Outlook 2010. In this add-in, we have a custom appointment window (displayed with WPF). We have a ribbon with a "Create-new"-button within, that open's that window. The window is also shown, when an appointment is double-clicked by the user.

Now, we also need to "hide" the normal appointment window when double-clicking within the calendar on a slot. I haven't found any event like "BeforeCreate" within the API of an explorer or an inspector; also i don't know how to prevent the normal window to show, only displaying our custom window.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Michael

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:01 PM

All replies

• Inspectors.NewInspector() will fire when an item is opened. You can get a handle to the Inspector in that window, which is a weak object reference at that time (until the first Activate() event fires on the Inspector).

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "MichiBeckAugsburg" <=?utf-8?B?TWljaGlCZWNrQXVnc2J1cmc=?=> wrote in message news:c0ef34e5-ed1b-4fa6-810e-68c9b60ecc23...

Hello,

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
    Michael

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:01 PM
  • Hello,

that almost solve's all my problems, thank you! The only problem i'm facing now is, that we need to restrict this feature only on specific calendars (containing an user property).

Do you know any way how i can retrieve the calendar the user is currently working an, when the NewInspector-Event is fired?

Regards,

Michael

Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:36 PM
  • ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:41 PM
  • Thank you DamianD, that solved the problem!
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:04 PM