Metadata File Could Not Be Found ... Only errors RRS feed

• Question

• I can not (and my developer partner can not) answer this question.

Running a fresh install of VS12 Ultimate (W7) (I've installed/re-installed several times... even tried Premium).

I'm getting 12 errors but they are ALL metadata files.  There are no references with the red exclamation marks inside of each project.  

This solution works on 3 other computers flawlessly.  What is mine doing?

Help?

• Edited by dfasdfasd Friday, December 7, 2012 6:10 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 6:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sounds more like a problem with the solution than the installation of VS 2012 itself.

Have you tried doing a clean on the solution, followed by a rebuild?

If that doesn't work, you could try deleting all of the bin & obj folders in each project manually. But be careful not to delete the bin\data folder in the main LS project, as that contains your project's ApplicationDatabase files.

When you say it works on other machines, have you tried copying the whole solution from one of those machines to yours? Or are you only trying it with your own copy?

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 11:12 AM
  • Sounds like missing references. I think you need to install the WebAPI package on your machine: Getting Started with ASP.NET Web API

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Edited by Yann DuranModerator Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:16 PM Fixed link text
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:12 AM
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 12:35 PM
  • Hi dfasdfasd

I will mark Justin's reply as answer, if the marked answer is not helpful to solve your problem, please unmark and give quick response.

Regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:13 AM