none
Editing Gridview RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I have set up a sql database and have made a gridview page with aspx to view the data in ew3.  I have set up the gridview to allow editing and deleting of records.  This gridview is literally the list of items I have in stock.  I have another page, the results page where a user can search for an item.

The problem I am having is if I edit a line in the gridview, and click update, the line on the gridview is changed but when I then search for that item on the results page it has disappeared.

Does that make sense?  I had changed a couple of lines where the changes DID show on the results still but then they just started to disappear!

Hope you can help

Monday, September 5, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• i'd tried to fix this for ages and then posted this question and now I have found the answer!!! Doh! 

If anyone else has this problem, go back to the gridview that has a list of the items and make sure that all the cells are completed as they should be as the items I had edited, for some reason, had had the information in one of the cells removed so it wasnt searchable in the database!

Monday, September 5, 2011 10:33 AM