none
Can the table and/or cell width be set by a style? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

Ok, weird question of the day. w:tblPr/w:tblW and w:tcPr/w:tcW are both properties and therefore theoretically can be set by a style. Does this ever happen? And is it even allowed? Or are they always set explicitly?

17.4.64/17.4.72 says if tblW/tcW is not explicitly set it's auto which leads to the conclusion that it cannot be overridden by the style.

??? - thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

I remember that tblW and tcW are not actually allowed (by Word) as part of styles tblPr and tcPr per [MS-OI29500] 2.1.253 and 2.1.248. Word will complain about these, I've seen it before. Does that answer your question about defining these in styles part?

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:05 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave -

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support. A support engineer will be in touch to assist further.

Regards

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:06 AM
  • Hi Dave,

I remember that tblW and tcW are not actually allowed (by Word) as part of styles tblPr and tcPr per [MS-OI29500] 2.1.253 and 2.1.248. Word will complain about these, I've seen it before. Does that answer your question about defining these in styles part?

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:05 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:08 PM
  • That's what I needed - thanks

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:06 PM