ASP.NET 2.0 has not been registered on the web server RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to create a new website in VS2008 I get a dialogue box that says ASP.NET 2.0 has not been registered on the web server, you need to manually configure your web server for ASP.NET 2.0 in order for your sight to run correctly.

I just started having this problem suddenly after not having any problem like this before. What gives?

Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:33 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You may open Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On or Off, in the prompted dialog, drill in until you find Internet Information Services –> World Wide Web Services –> Application Development Features and then make sure the ASP.NET box is checked.

In addition, as this issue is related to ASP.NET, you could also post this issue on the ASP.NET Forum which will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, February 26, 2010 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:27 AM