none
Attempting to copy large Sequence Diagram produces "Parameter is not valid" RRS feed

• Question

• In VS 2012 Ultimate, I've generated a sequence diagram for a wrapper class that has many outbound calls.  This results in a large sequence diagram.

To obtain the image, I select all with Ctrl-A, then try to copy with Ctrl-C.  The last step produces the error  "Parameter is not valid."  The select and copy works fine for smaller images.

Is this bug going to be fixed?

Confidential info is redacted in the attached screen shot.

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry the Connect site doesn't let you report bugs for VS 2012. I asked the product owner about that. He said you can send mail to him with the repro steps at Jean-Marc.Prieur(at)microsoft.com. He can open the bug for you.

Thanks!

Esther Fan | Visual Studio | If a post answers your question, please mark it as the answer. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Bob Binder Friday, October 17, 2014 6:35 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. For bugs, please report them at Microsoft Connect. Thanks!

Esther Fan | Visual Studio | If a post answers your question, please mark it as the answer. Thanks!

Monday, October 13, 2014 4:52 PM
  • The Connect Website does not accept bug reports for Visual Studio 2012.

Monday, October 13, 2014 5:49 PM
  • I'm sorry the Connect site doesn't let you report bugs for VS 2012. I asked the product owner about that. He said you can send mail to him with the repro steps at Jean-Marc.Prieur(at)microsoft.com. He can open the bug for you.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Bob Binder Friday, October 17, 2014 6:35 PM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:26 PM