none
Repeat table in report/ reportviewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am creating an rdlc report file. And within this file I am using a dataset to fill up a table. this table should be repeated within the same page. For example I have a list of coffee shops. So here is the table that I had in mind:

column1  - column2

Name:  - [name]

Etc.

The dataset will have around 5 best coffee shops within him and this need to be displayed within the same page. I see the option to repeat a table on every page, but I dont know how to let it repeat as much as records it has.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Spacelama

• Moved by Lisa Zhu Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:22 AM report control related (From:Visual C# General)
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:20 PM

All replies

• Anybody?

Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Why don't you just create a SQL statement that queries the database for all 5 coffee shops at the same time rather than to create 5 seperate reports and then combine the results.

jdweng

Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:32 PM
  • Well, I guess you didnt understood my example :)

I have a dataset (dto, no sql) that has 5 records within him. These records I want to show on a single page. So I have name, location.. etc. And these records I want to be shown as some kind of tags. Like the below example

cof1
    Name:  [name]

etc.

cof2

Name: [name]

This I want to take place 5 times on the same page. So that is 5 times the same table, but how do I render the same table 5 times on a page with 1 dataset? Do I create 5 tables and make some kind of code solution or do i set some repeater and let the rdlc file handle it?

Greetings,

SpaceLama

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:39 AM
  • YOu need to create an event handler so when the dataset gets updated you can fill in the form as required.  I don't know what type table you are using in your application.  If it is a DataGridView then see this webpage below

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.datagridview_events.aspx

If you just have a datatable then see this webpage for events

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w9y9a401.aspx

jdweng

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:01 AM
  • Seriously, did you read my post about rdlc files? So no I am not going to use a datagridview, because that is a webbased thing and for reports I only have to use the reportviewer. All what I am saying above is related to the rdlc files! As in report / reportviewer...

Anyone else some help over here?

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Monday, October 8, 2012 10:11 AM
  • The link u posted tells me how to Bind the dataset through event handlers to the rdlc file, but it doesnt give me the answer that I want. As I didnt asked how to bind a dataset to a rdlc file. I asked how to set up tables on my rdlc file that are connected with a dataset that has 5 records. Do I create one table that is the model for all five records? How does the rdlc file handles then that there is a list within the records while I only defined 1 record place.

So once again:
    I have a dataset with a list that will have 5 records of some type. These I want to be displayed on my rdlc file. So if i define 1 table with those 5 records how does the 4 other records being handled. And I am not talking about a Table, but about a List. I want some different order...

Any tips anybody?

Greetings,

Spacelama

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:20 AM
  • Yo can bind the data to one table then when the event occurs for the first table you can load the other 4 tables.  The dataset itself dosn't have an event to handle th eupdate so you must use the object event that the dataset is connected with.

jdweng

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:26 AM
  • Which other 4 tables?
    Monday, October 8, 2012 10:33 AM
  • Ok.  How about this.  connect the dataset to a table and make the table invisible.   then when the table gets updated you can manipulate the data any way you want to.  Creae a new table/report and the copy the data from the table or data set to a report.

jdweng

Monday, October 8, 2012 10:44 AM
  • What updates? I didnt said anything about updates... Maybe you should start reading from the beginning and try to understand my question.

Monday, October 8, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Hi SpaceLama,

From your description , I ‘d like to move this post to the most related forum .

There has more experts in this aspect , so you will get better support and may have more luck getting answers .

Thanks for your understanding .

Regards ,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:21 AM