none
Why am I Not Noteworthy ? - MS Thinks my game is *****

Question

• According to Microsoft my Game   Tank Commander 3D    is a pile of Pooh. Under its category Games/Strategy/Free Sort by Noteworthy it is on the very last page [UK market] of 580 Apps, just alongside ‘Stupid Game’.  Easy to Find, just go the bottom or last page when sorted by Noteworthy!   So it is lying beneath 50 or so Tic-Tac-Go games, and a long long way below “NombreSecret” which doesn’t even have a Icon [Seriously how can a Game get through Certification without an Icon, and then be rated in the top third of Games by Noteworthy !]   

I have a full Description, PEGI rating, numerous action Screenshots. The Game involves deep terrain based gameplay, with 15 detailed Missions, which I spent around 6 months developing.  As an Indie developer I declare limited testing on a PC, and on a Lumia 2520 device. I believe to the best of my knowledge that the game is functional. I have a number of one start reviews, but also a couple of 4 and five star reviews.

After all this, Microsoft deem that my Game is the Worst in terms of Noteworthy, without any explanation as to why they think it is so bad.  If Microsoft have found it to be full of bugs, or unplayable, then surely their testers would have informed me.  

Needless to say, until I understand why my Game ranking is deemed to be so low, I will not be developing any more games for this platform.

Can anyone explain how they think the Noteworthy Sort works ?

Jules: A Disappointed Windows 8 Indie game Developer

Silverlight an XNA Fan

• Edited by JulesW Sunday, May 4, 2014 2:40 PM
    Sunday, May 4, 2014 1:20 PM

All replies

• I don't work for Microsoft but I am pretty sure the list is based on the number of downloads, and reviews, etc.  I don't think every app that is published makes the new and noteworthy list so the fact you are on the list must mean you did something right.

Sunday, May 4, 2014 5:58 PM