No InprocServer32 registered for package [Visual C++ Language Manager Package] RRS feed

• Question

• Similar to the question above this time the message is

<description>No InprocServer32 registered for package [Visual C++ Language Manager Package]</description>
    <guid>{8C2EA640-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}</guid>

<path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcpackages\vcpkg.dll</path>

in 'C:\Users\...\ActivityLog.xml' when Visual Studio stopped opening. I went to windows registry and found the node '8C2EA640-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9' in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0_Config\Packages. To my surprise the path C:\Program Files (x86)\...\vcpkg.dll was registered in Registry, but the actual vcpkg.dll did not exist in the actual path of Windows Explorer. What am I going to do? May I download vcpkg.dll (if I could find it) and put it in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\vcpackages?

Sunday, May 3, 2015 5:36 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you've got a botched up install. I'd try doing a repair first. that particular DLL should be under your ....VC\vcpackages directory. If it isn't, your install is surely messed up.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

• Marked as answer by Caillen Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:22 AM
    Monday, May 4, 2015 3:54 AM