none
Can't publish Ionic/Cordova app to store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've associated my cordova app with the store and built it. When I upload the appx I get this error:

"Package acceptance validation error: You cannot submit pre-compiled .NET Native packages. Please upload the Store appxupload file and try again"

Can anyone help?

Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Clarles,

We just noticed the appxupload file cannot be generated after apply Visual Studio 2015 update2 from Cordova project.

To workaround this issue, you can directly open the windows10 project under platforms\windows folder to create the package. I've confirmed the appxupload file can be created within winjs project.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:33 AM

All replies

• Try to open the underlying jsprj for windows 10 under "platforms\windows". edit the project file and set the <EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile>false</EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile>
     for release build.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 2, 2016 3:09 AM
  • Hi Clarles,

We just noticed the appxupload file cannot be generated after apply Visual Studio 2015 update2 from Cordova project.

To workaround this issue, you can directly open the windows10 project under platforms\windows folder to create the package. I've confirmed the appxupload file can be created within winjs project.

Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:33 AM
  • Thank you! Taking this approach using the jsproj file generated an appxupload which was successfully uploaded to the store. Thanks :)
    Saturday, May 7, 2016 12:24 AM
  • Hi Alan,

I have tried this, however Visual studio still only generates an appxbundle. When I try to upload this bundle I get an error in the store which says that I cannot submit pre-compiled .NET Native packages. One of my plugins uses a winmd runtime component, which is what this error is referring to.

I believe that the problem lies in the fact that I am trying to upload an appxbundle and not an appxupload, since the example plugin on the Cordova webpage also uses a winmd under the framework tag.

Is there an extra step needed to get an appxupload instead of an appxbundle?

Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:19 AM
  • During generating package wizard, you will be asked if bundle needs to be generated. You can select no to avoid generating the bundle.

Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, May 30, 2016 7:09 AM