Configuration independent build events RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have been hitting a wall with the following issue, and can't find any comments about it either.

We recently moved to VS2005 with .NET 2.0 and I am working on a solution that uses old C++ projects. VS will not copy the C++ DLL to the dependent target folders, so I have to add post build event copy commands to all the projects that need them. The problem is that VS doesn't allow Configuration independent Build Events. Does anybody know a way around that?

Thanks,
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:01 PM

All replies

• How do you mean - configuration independent build events? Do you want to copy the dlls only for specific configurations?

Cheers, Eugene

Friday, June 8, 2007 10:11 PM
  • I am guessing that he means a build event that may happen only in Release Mode, but not in Debug Mode or something of this sort.  I would also like to find a way around this.  Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:44 PM
  • I actually just noticed that there is a "Configuration" Macro so you can do:

if $(ConfigurationName) == Release xcopy /e /y dir1  dir2

this will copy directory1 and all sub directories (/e)  without prompting (/y) to directory2 only when your configuration is Release mode.

hope this helps

Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:04 PM