none
Can I use visual studio community edition to share projects and teach classes on platforms such as youtube, udemy and skillshare?

Question

• I want to use visual studio community edition to share projects and teach classes on platforms such as youtube, udemy and skillshare. Can I do so? Would I'll be infringing any restrictions?
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:19 AM

Answers

• Hi jose najar,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Which VS community version do you want to use, like VS community 2015 or 2017? Are you an individual developer or under an organization?

For VS community 2017, please check the VS community 2017 license terms and it describes the detail information about who can use this software.

*Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community, to create their own free or paid apps.

* If you are an organization, your users may use the software as some scenarios like open source, extension development, education and academic research...

For the VS community 2015, please download the Visual Studio 2015 Licensing White Paper and we can find the similar message as above like VS community 2017.

Since you want to develop your applications as part of online for education, in my understanding, you should can use the VS community version to do it and enjoy your development :)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi jose najar,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Which VS community version do you want to use, like VS community 2015 or 2017? Are you an individual developer or under an organization?

For VS community 2017, please check the VS community 2017 license terms and it describes the detail information about who can use this software.

*Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community, to create their own free or paid apps.

* If you are an organization, your users may use the software as some scenarios like open source, extension development, education and academic research...

For the VS community 2015, please download the Visual Studio 2015 Licensing White Paper and we can find the similar message as above like VS community 2017.

Since you want to develop your applications as part of online for education, in my understanding, you should can use the VS community version to do it and enjoy your development :)

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi jose najar,

According to the my previous reply, does your issue is solved or not? If not, please feel free to let me know, and I will help you research it.

If my reply is works for your issue, could you please mark it answer when you have free time? It can help other community members who have the same or similar issue to easier search this information, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Its 2017 version. I’m an individual developer. It is for educational purposes & a source of income as a teacher.

Got it, your reply is yes. I can use this version to do so.

Thanks!

Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:17 PM
  • Hi jose najar,

Ii is my pleasure to help you and thank you for your confirmation.

If you have any other issue about VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, May 8, 2017 2:30 AM