The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP]Transparent icons? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I set a transparent background for the icons in the taskbar? I'm building for Windows 10.

Setting <preference name="BackgroundColor" value="transparent" /> creates an appxmanifest with #transparent as color and fails compilation.

Thank you!

Monday, August 31, 2015 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi SweRichard,

Basically, you just need to set Background Color to transparent in the Package.appxmanifest file:

Please also see the solution provided by Fred Bao in this thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/59669cac-579b-45f2-96dc-d3793cd1a2c0/uwp-how-can-we-make-taskbar-tiles-without-background?forum=wpdevelop

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Thank you for the answer Franklin.

The problem is that I am using Cordova (that's why I posted this question in the Apache forum) with visual studio.

I need the setting for the background color in config.xml to transfer to the app manifest. When transparent is used in the config.xml it is at build time inserted as "#transparent" into the appmanifest, which causes the error.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Richard

Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:56 AM
  • Hi, SweRichard

To do that, you first need to set the Background color to transparent in the Package.appxmanifest file. In addition, the taskbar icon will be overrided if you set a 24x24px icon for 44x44 Squre Badge.

Regards.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:57 AM