TFS 2018 Server Change Public Url RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two TFS servers, which has 2 A records on each one of them.  A1 blaA1, B2 blaB2

One of them, freak us out for couple of days, this server doesn't send email, can't even initiate send email process, can't change Public URL.

We constantly getting this message:

If I try accessing to the first A record (B2) of second server, then "Testing" "Change Public Url" all works, also if we put the first TFS server record [A1] on public URL testing works, however, if we trying access from the second server to his second DNS record name [blaB2] it is prompting user name and password windows and over there we can’t sign-in although  the credential is correct... and then  getting this again:

BTW, if I try access to second DNS record  [blaB2 from my own PC or any other computer it works and I can reach to https://TFSSERVER/TFS server successfully but from him inside the server it doesn't work, again prompting user name and password...

I have compared between two TFS's IIS servers configuration, and everything seemed same, NSLOOKUPworks for 4 DNS records, there is no any A/V, FW or something that blocks us change public URL, Credential manager cleaned, cache deleted. Windows and Anonymous authentication are enabled on IIS.

Look like this server can't reach his resources from TFS server, like disconnected from his DB or something like that.

Windows IT MVP 2015 /2016 www.PelegIT.co.il Thank you!

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:57 AM