none
Can't install Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I try install Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel and others by running o2010pia.msi but files didn't install untill I install Office 2010. After install Office  o2010pia.msi write all needed files to disk. I published solution and try install o2010pia.msi after Office setup and activate on the another computer with Windows Serever 2012 R2 but files not unpacked and didn't wrote again!

How I can install Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll on the server? 

• Moved by Jiayi Li Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:19 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Some more.

I get next message from server:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)). 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in File Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error: 
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 
    [UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType) +0
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType) +109
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj) +94
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +159
       System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +256
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +127
       System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +78
       KOS.Arc.Excel_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +160
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +134
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +204
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:03 PM
  • Your issue is unrelated to .NET Framework, and I'm not sure which forum to send you to.

Please post here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:37 PM
  • Hi akisawa,

This forum is about .NET Framework Setup and Installation, as your issue is related to office, I help you move this case to General Office Development forum for dedicated support. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:18 AM
  • In my hobbit opinion, Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll is part of .NET, but I can't install it on the server (I can't find this file on the disk after setup exit without something information). Is this normal and program must work without this dll?
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:06 AM
  • Hi akisawa,

The Office PIAs is used for Office automation which means the Office must be install on the computer to make the code work. 

Microsoft doesn't recommend Office automation on the server side, you can refer to link below for more detail about this topic:
    Considerations for server-side Automation of Office

The solution alternatives to Automation is that we can use Open XML on the server side to manipulate the Office documents. Here are some helpful links for your reference:

How to: Insert text into a cell in a spreadsheet document (Open XML SDK)

Welcome to the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office - MSDN

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:44 AM