Brokered WinRT Component Not Working

All replies

• Can any1 help? Need to know if this can solve my problem.
    Saturday, November 22, 2014 1:40 PM
  • This topic is not supported by the public SDK. If you are OEM developer, you should direct this question to your OEM/Partner support channel.

Monday, November 24, 2014 1:48 AM
  • I am not OEM developer. We are developing enterprise app for business and it required to turn on the Camera light of the particular Brand of Tablet. However, our code works on other but not this brand.

Ask OEM, they can't help. Now, I want to know if this so called Broker WinRT Component can work or not. I read the linked given and tried the example but it is not working.

What seems to be the problem?

Monday, November 24, 2014 4:40 AM
  • Does the OEM API requires Admin privilege?

You can turn off the UAC and see if it resolves the problem. If so, it may be because the API requires higher privilege.

Monday, November 24, 2014 7:27 PM
  • You can try the example in the link. It works on desktop. Once you deploy it to Tablet, it wont work.
    Friday, November 28, 2014 5:40 AM
  • I need to use this Broker WinRT Component for my problem which I had highlighted to the OEM. Can some1 help on this issue?

I had spoken to the OEM, they said they cannot disclose how they turn on the Camera Light thru win32 api (exe file) as they are using privilege API to perform the task.

Thanks

Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:26 AM