none
Windows2016 Standard WHLK Operate In Server Core Test Fail RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to certify a device on Server 2016 Core (standard) and "Operate in Server Core Test" always fails with the message  "ServerCoreCheck::ServerCoreCheck::ServerCoreCheckWithREGISTRY".
    That error code in hex is 0x800f080c which is what "dism /online /Get-FeatureInfo ..." returns for an unknown feature.  I looked at the binary for servercorecheck.dll (the binary for OiSCT) and it looks like it is trying to run DismGetFeatureInfo for three different GUI features - "ServerCore-FullServer", "Server-Gui-Shell", and "Server-Gui-Mgmt" to make sure that they are in the state of "Disabled with payload removed" but those features are not even present in a Server 2016 Core installation.  So it must be assuming that they were possibly removed from a GUI installation in order to run OiSCT Which is what I had to do for Server 2012-R2 to pass that test.   But look what the documentation for "Operate in Server Core Test" for S2016 says:
    If you installed the "Full Server" or "Server with a GUI" during Setup, you should reinstall Windows and select the "Server Core Installation" option in Setup to ensure that no traces of Server with a GUI remain on the server running certification. All installation and configuration tests for your driver must be done from within Server Core
    Previously there was a Filter to get around the problem of not being able to switch from GUI to Core but it expired in November of 2016.  And apparently the expectation was to run all driver verification test under Server Core.  I don't know how work around this.  I applied the latest filter and that did not help.
    Hope someone can help with this. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacky

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:30 AM

All replies

• HI , Every People , please help .....
    Monday, July 24, 2017 5:10 AM
  • There are similar questions in the past, so please refer to them.

Basically it is as follows.
    (1) In Windows 2016 after OS installation, FullServer  <-> ServerCore specification that can not be switched.
    (2) All tests of HLK of Windows 2016 can be passed if ServerCore of the environment.
    (3) In the initial HLK, since has tested with Windows2016 preview, specifications of OS is not fixed, results in the filter had tests that can be handled as Pass, the post-RTM the OS has stabilized, The filter has expired.

Https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e5e0f13-0ce2-4e3f-b4db-ab6e850a3ede/operate-in-server-core-test-fails-dismgetfeatureinfo-failed-with-error-code- 2146498548? Forum = whck

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2927825a-dd0c-450d-b943-05a08d882c88/question-about-filter5856-operate-in-server-core-test-in-windows2016?forum= Whck

Https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4b3bd888-a789-4cc6-8bce-dc9ac5c4dcb8/windows2016tp4servercoreserverfull?forum=winserver10TP
    • Edited by hirosea Monday, July 24, 2017 7:16 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 6:47 AM