The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Multi-Factor Authentication!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Lost my phone with Azure MFA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I shoot myself on the foot, here is the situation. 

I have a pay as you go azure subscription with 2 factor authentication enabled. My MFA settings is set to only have the authenticator app as the only contact (notification or code from the mobile app)

I then lost my phone on the highway (another story) but got a new phone restored my backup but when I tried to log in to azure portal, got a prompt to approve the login but never got the notification on the phone, and because I don't have text message enable on my mfa settings then I don't have other options to log in. 

I'm trying to get support but I'm not even able to sign up for dev support. 

Anyone have an idea on how I can get myself out this painful situation. 

Thanks

Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you log into Azure without MFA or is the there policy enforcing it?

If you can log in without MFA to Azure, you can reset MFA for your user then use the new phone to configure and get in?

But you need at least one user without MFA to do that....or ask MS to reset your MFA so you can do it on the new phone.

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:52 PM
  • Just checking to see if you were able to get your question resolved. If so, please remember to mark as answer so that others in the community with similar questions can more easily find a resolution.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, November 1, 2019 9:40 PM