How to call multiple rdlc files in single report viewer RRS feed

• Question

• User1610382325 posted

Hi,

I have the requirement.  i have three different .rdlc files when they are give preview each module i am executing single single report. when final export. i  have to merge all these three together. and make single .PDF, How to do this in Report viewer. Is this possible.?
    Any sample kindly share.

Thanks,
    ponraj

Sunday, December 28, 2014 4:16 AM

Answers

• User1711366110 posted

Hi Ponraj,
      As per your case, I have been shared my suggestion & ideas below :

1. In ReportViewer, one report viewer control can display one RDLC report at a time

2. One workaround for this issue is that create multiple datasets in on RDLC file and use multiple tablix control to display those dataset data in multiple page, so that you can export or print them at one time.
         http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2011/04/sql-server-designing-tablix-report-in.html

3.If those dataset in multiple page, then you can merge into one pdf by using itextsharp
       http://forums.asp.net/t/1836469.aspx?how+to+save+multiple+rdlc+reports+into+one+pdf+file

Disclaimer:

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hopefully this will be helpful for you.
    --
    with regards,
    Edwin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 12:11 AM