Specific Data RRS feed

• Question

• User2089459841 posted

Hi everybody,

I've just entered in this marbelous world of the dynamic data. I'm doing some typical samples to practise. But now I want to know if it's possible to do an app that you can only have access to the data that you just insert(I have a field that you can filter this.), not all the registers from the table For example getting the user.id from windows nt or passing a parameter throw querystring, and do a filtering for an especific user. I hope I've explained correctly.

Thanks & Regards 

PD: Sorry for my poor english  [:|]

Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:53 PM

All replies

• User-1005219520 posted

I think you're asking how to limit exposed data to registered users - or how to a users data to what she has inserted. Steve has a blog on using roles, although I think you want to use AD.

Friday, October 24, 2008 1:05 AM
  • User2089459841 posted

Hi ricka6, thanks for your answer. But I think I want another thing, not roles, like allow or deny access. I comment an example, maybe will be better to understand it.

I have a table called "Purchase". There the users can insert/update/select/delete their purchases, but only the ones they have created. I don't want that them can see the other purchases, from another users. I think, getting a paramater from a querystring, or using the id from the AD, and compare it to the database ( in purchase there's a field from the owner of the register), will be the solution, but I don't know if it's possible.

Regards.

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:17 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Have a look at this article on my blog DynamicData - Limit Data Displayed By User (My article asumes Linq to SQL I need to rewrite a lot of my code to make it work fully with the Entity Framwork)

Hope thsi helps [:D]

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:25 AM
  • User2089459841 posted

thanks both of us for the info.

Friday, October 24, 2008 4:47 AM