none
SharePoint Connection Error when creating a new project (Sequential Workflow) in Visual Studios RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010 in a hyper for testing. I am trying to create a Sequential Workflow through Visual Studios 2010, following this site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767686.aspx) exactly. I'm keep hitting a "SharePoint Connection Error" when I'm in the beginning steps of validating the URL when asked "What local site do you want to use for debugging?" I checked through Central Admin for the URL to be sure, and I keep getting this error. 

Anyone else have this issue before or know what this issue could be?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which user are you using to execute the code?  Is this user a Admin in Project Server (PWA - Server Settings - Manager Users - etc)

Do you have any errors in the ULS logs?  Do you have any event log errors - hope this is a pointer in the right direction.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Best Regards, Dharmesh Patel www.dharmeshpatel.co.uk
    • Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:55 PM
  • Hi Dharm, 

Thanks for your response.

I checked in the event log errors and find out that it is an Event ID: 3760. The error description I am getting is...

"SQL Database 'WSS_Content' on SQL Server instance 'hyper' not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Cannot open database "WSS_Content" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'server\admin.user'."

I've been trying to find a reason or fix to why this is happening, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:47 PM
  • Sorry for the late rely busy day with customers :-)

This seems like an issue with your Project Workspaces or another SharePoint content database.  Have a look in SP Central Admin to see which Web Application is linked to 'WSS_Content' - seems like SharePoint / Project Server does not have access to the content DB.

Are you having any issues with your project workspaces that you know about?  Creation or sync?

Let me know if I can help you further, I will respond but it maybe delayed a little.....

Regards,

Dharmesh

Best Regards, Dharmesh Patel www.dharmeshpatel.co.uk
    Friday, December 3, 2010 7:54 PM