none
There is no editor available for frmPaInv.vb Make sure the application for the file type (.vb) is installed

Question

• Hi. Due to power load shedding (Light Gone) my computer shut down and when It came back and I open my vb.net project, so I got the following error.

Please guide me that how to solve this?

Thursday, September 15, 2016 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Abid Durrani,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio? And where did this vb.net project create?

According to the error message. It seems like you haven't installed the VB components so you can't open the VB project.

Can you create a new VB project in your Visual Studio? Please first make sure your Visual Studio support to create the VB project. 

In addition, please install VS2015 Community to open this VB project, how about the result?

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:00 AM

All replies

• Hi. Due to power load shedding (Light Gone) my computer shut down and when It came back and I open my vb.net project, so I got the following error.

Please guide me that how to solve this?

Well that's not a VB.Net issue. Since this is a Visual Studio issue then there are forums for issues with Visual Studio. The link below is for one of them.

La vida loca

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Hi Abid Durrani,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tool, and your issue is more related to Visual Studio, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Neda Zhang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 2:09 AM
  • Hi Abid Durrani,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio? And where did this vb.net project create?

According to the error message. It seems like you haven't installed the VB components so you can't open the VB project.

Can you create a new VB project in your Visual Studio? Please first make sure your Visual Studio support to create the VB project. 

In addition, please install VS2015 Community to open this VB project, how about the result?

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:00 AM