How to find out why a web image URL is not visible on live tile 310x150?

Question

• Is there a way to find out (EventViewer?) why certain web image URLs cannot be used for livetiles?
    Monday, April 13, 2015 11:11 AM

Answers

• I don't know of any logs which track the LiveTiles. 

Live Tile images can't be over 200Kb. 

When you choose an image for a tile, it must be under 200kb in file size and less than or equal to 1024x1024 pixels.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/dn456348(v=vs.85).aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 13, 2015 5:21 PM

All replies

• Can you explain more about the scenario you're talking about? I imagine that if an image doesn't come through, you could use Fiddler to find out what the request/response looks like.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:15 PM
  • I found out that the images that did not appear were well over 200kb in size. So that might be one of the reasons they did not appear on the tile. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to trace what the startmenu livetile updater is trying to do. Is this logged in the Event Log?
    Monday, April 13, 2015 2:24 PM
  • I don't know of any logs which track the LiveTiles. 

Live Tile images can't be over 200Kb. 

When you choose an image for a tile, it must be under 200kb in file size and less than or equal to 1024x1024 pixels.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/dn456348(v=vs.85).aspx

Monday, April 13, 2015 5:21 PM