none
AIC in 2006 R2 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear R2 Gurus,

We have a cusomte AIC that we use in BizTalk 2002 to process 837 claims. We are planning to upgrade to 2006 R2. Does 2006 R2 support AICs? If yes, can I still use the AIC (COM Componet created in vb6) in R2? or do I need to convert it to a .net assembly? Thanks in advance and really appreciate your help on this.

thanks,

Gilles

Friday, November 7, 2008 7:59 PM

Answers

• I have installed the AIC SDK on a BizTalk 2006 R2 installation. It looks like AICs in COM were still possible in BizTalk Server 2004, so I would anticipate they are still supported in 2006 R2. I recommend testing the AIC on BizTalk Server 2006 R2 in a virtual environment to test if the compatibility still exists. At some point you should consider migrating to .NET for the AIC. Do you need any help migrating this?

Here is a really helpful link with Q/As on the BizTalk Server 2004 compatibility with AICs: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/evaluation/adapter/admigfaq.mspx.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:11 PM

All replies

• I have installed the AIC SDK on a BizTalk 2006 R2 installation. It looks like AICs in COM were still possible in BizTalk Server 2004, so I would anticipate they are still supported in 2006 R2. I recommend testing the AIC on BizTalk Server 2006 R2 in a virtual environment to test if the compatibility still exists. At some point you should consider migrating to .NET for the AIC. Do you need any help migrating this?

Here is a really helpful link with Q/As on the BizTalk Server 2004 compatibility with AICs: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/evaluation/adapter/admigfaq.mspx.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:11 PM
  • Thank you Ben. Really appreciate your reply. I will check out the link you provided.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:38 PM
  •  

Ben,

If I were to use a .net AIC how would I setup that? Do I have to use an Orchestration? Will you be able to provide some info on this?

thanks

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:15 PM