Server Error in '/' Application. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1616261775 posted

Im running Windows 2008 with ASP.net and IIS7.  I have been working on getting AWStats installed on the site and have completed everything per the directions. When I try to access AWStats for the site I get the following error. Can you please help me?

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Could not load type 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe'.]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +8827093
       System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache.GetHandlerType(String type) +21
       System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(String type) +19
       System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(String type) +78
       System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +229
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:04 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

I do not know AWSTats, but 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe' exists on your hard drive?

Next, the ASP.NET Credentials can access it ?

Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:42 PM
  • User-1616261775 posted

Yes, Perl.exe does exists on my hard drive. ASP.NET also has credentials to access it. However something I just noticed. Here is another error explanation.

Detailed Error Information
    Module    CustomErrorModule
    Notification    SendResponse
    Handler    Not yet determined
    Error Code    0x80070003
    Config Error    Cannot read configuration file
    Config File    \\?\c:\perl-scripts\web.config
    Requested URL    http://oxfordpcsupport.com:80/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?configoxfordpcsupport
    Physical Path    c:\perl-scripts\awstats.pl
    Logon Method    Not yet determined
    Logon User    Not yet determined

On the Physcial Path..... Im not sure what the c:\perl-scripts\web.config is coming from. There is no such file on my computer. Do you know where this is coded in?

Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:40 PM
  • User197322208 posted

I think it is better to ask on AWSTats forums...

Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:22 AM