Replication, Mirroring and Snapshot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Can we have transactional replication(one way)  and Mirroring on the same database? and Does it affect if we take snapshots or Backups ? Please let me know..

Thank you

• Moved by Tom Phillips Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:46 PM Replication question (From:SQL Server Database Engine)
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:59 PM

Answers

• If you have database A and want to replicate out to database B and mirror out to database C, then yes.

Josh

• Marked as answer by SQLmaddy Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:32 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:26 AM
  • I have Tested The Above Said Requirement  In In SQL Server 2008 R2. And Its Working Fine.

Steps Are

• Mirrored The Database
    • Applied Transaction Replication On Same Database (Your Subscriber Will Have Different DB Name Then Publisher)

Hi JRStern : Is It Possible that I Can Mirror Database A to Database C ???

Mark as Answer If Reply Was Helpful Thanks Kuldeep Bisht Technical Lead @ Simplion Technologies http://mssqlguide.kuldeepbisht.com
    • Edited by Kuldeep Bisht Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:39 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:35 AM

All replies

• If you have database A and want to replicate out to database B and mirror out to database C, then yes.

Josh

Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:26 AM
  • I have Tested The Above Said Requirement  In In SQL Server 2008 R2. And Its Working Fine.

Steps Are

• Mirrored The Database
    • Applied Transaction Replication On Same Database (Your Subscriber Will Have Different DB Name Then Publisher)

Hi JRStern : Is It Possible that I Can Mirror Database A to Database C ???

Mark as Answer If Reply Was Helpful Thanks Kuldeep Bisht Technical Lead @ Simplion Technologies http://mssqlguide.kuldeepbisht.com
    • Edited by Kuldeep Bisht Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:39 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:35 AM
  • Thank you both for the inputs. 
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:32 PM