Exception on Azure Consolidated account modification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am trying to add an Azure account and I after I enter all the information and login, I receive the following error:
    "Internal Error occurred please contact our support.
    Details: Exception on Azure Consolidated account modification"
    What could be the cause?
    Thanks and regards,
    Lutchy

Monday, September 25, 2017 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Lutchy,

Cloudyn optimization recommendations should be available at around day 10 after registration.
    This is due to the fact that in order for Cloudyn's algorithm to provide valid recommendations, it requires enough data input to process, analyze and run statistics on. This amount of data usually accumulates within the above mentioned period of time.

Please update this thread if you still encounter the same issue in 10 days.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hello Lutchy,

Thanks for signing up for Cloudyn through Azure and for letting us know about this issue.

Can you please log into https://app.cloudyn.com with the email address you use to sign up for Cloudyn.

• Go to: The Cog Menu - Cloud Accounts
    • Then: Scroll down the list to see if the account you are trying to add is already listed.

If so, this error is probably due to the fact that your Azure account was already auto discovered via an EA subscription you added and you don't need to add this account manually.

If this is not the case, please update this forum thread with the first 4 characters of the email you used to sign up for Cloudyn so that we can find your account in the back end.

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Monday, September 25, 2017 10:30 PM
  • Hi Micah,

thank you for your response. The problem is that the account I wanted to add appeared  unactivated in the console. And I think you are right the Azure account was already discovered via EA subscription but it was unactivated.

I tried to troubleshoot this and I changed the e-mail from the user I activated the account. The outcome was that I could not login anymore so I created a new account with the same  e-mail but now I cannot add the EA account anymore, and error is:

"The Enrollment Number already exists in our application. Duplicate entry for key 'EnrollmentNumber'" I sent the 4 characters of the email I used to sign in to Cloudyn.

Could you please help top add the EA account again and activate the account?

Thanks,

Lutchy

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:08 AM
  • Hi - I have exactly the same issue. The Azure Account is added, but the status is "unactivated". Under the accounts section, the status is "Missing Credentials". I might add I never got the prompt to add consent to Cloudyn during the signup process.
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hello CloudUser9,

Thanks for signing up for Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn and for letting us know that you are also experiencing the same issue from this forum thread.  

Regarding accounts that appears as un-activated: As soon as your accounts are discovered, Cloudyn immediately starts providing cost data in cost based reports. However, in order for Cloudyn to provide usage and performance data, you need to register your Azure Resource Manager (ARM) credentials too following the instructions in the article at: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/212784085-Adding-Azure-Resource-Manager

Until your ARM credentials are added to Cloudyn, the account will continue to appear as un-activated. Again, this doesn’t affect cost reports, but does affect usage and optimization reports. This is why we recommend updating your ARM credentials, although it’s not required.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:56 PM
  • Hello Lutchy,

Thanks for the updated information. Let me see if I can address your two issues one at a time:

Regarding the account that appears as un-activated: As soon as your accounts are discovered, Cloudyn immediately starts providing cost data in cost based reports. However, in order for Cloudyn to provide usage and performance data, you need to register your Azure Resource Manager (ARM) credentials too following the instructions in the article at: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/212784085-Adding-Azure-Resource-Manager

Until your ARM credentials are added to Cloudyn, the account will continue to appear as un-activated. Again, this doesn’t affect cost reports, but does affect usage and optimization reports. This is why we recommend updating your ARM credentials, although it’s not required.

As for the two accounts you now own in the system: We can merge your two accounts together on the backend based on the first four characters of the e-mail address you provided (moving them into the older of your two accounts where the EA accounts reside). Would you like us to merge your two accounts for you and let you know once it’s done?

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Hi Micah,

thank you for your reply. I think the problem was that the account I was using did not have enough privileges on all the subscriptions. I have used another account and now it looks better. So I can see all the VMs now in the portal.

The only things that seems not to work are the cost-effective sizing recommendations and all sizing recommendations

And the message is:

"No data for selected filter values." ==> there are no filters set

What could be the cause? Microsoft insights and metrics are activated.

Thanks and regards,

Lutchy

Monday, October 2, 2017 3:35 PM
  • Hi Lutchy,

Cloudyn optimization recommendations should be available at around day 10 after registration.
    This is due to the fact that in order for Cloudyn's algorithm to provide valid recommendations, it requires enough data input to process, analyze and run statistics on. This amount of data usually accumulates within the above mentioned period of time.

Please update this thread if you still encounter the same issue in 10 days.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the information. I will let you now if the issue still persists after 10 days.

Thanks and regards,

Lutchy

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:55 AM