none
Office.js and Office.context.mailbox.item.internetMessageId not set for SentItems with Outlook Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I found a bug in Office.js (reproducible with last version at https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1/hosted/Office.js) and Outlook Desktop 2016 v16.0.6565.2036

For email sent from Outlook Desktop (with an Office 365 account) the Office.context.mailbox.item.internetMessageId is null. However this value is well set if you look in OWA. (see screenshots)

Outlook Desktop No InternetMsgId In OWA with internetMsgId

This problem was already here in VSTO, see this discussion. Meanwhile, for user that could be facing this issue my workaround is to use an EWS call using the itemId (from your server or from the app itself) and ask for the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID of this item, see this link that explain how to make such a call.

Here is the html code of the small add-in bugDBG used for the screenshots:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
      <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <title>My title</title>
      </head>
      <body>
        <span>InternetMessageId:</span>
        <span id="msgId"></span>
      </body>
      <script src="https://appsforoffice.microsoft.com/lib/1/hosted/Office.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script>
      Office.initialize = function() {
            var elt = document.getElementById('msgId');
            elt.innerText = Office.context.mailbox.item.internetMessageId;
        };
      </script>
    </html>

Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Benoit,

>> For email sent from Outlook Desktop (with an Office 365 account) the Office.context.mailbox.item.internetMessageId is null. However this value is well set if you look in OWA.

I made a test with your description, and I could reproduce your issue. For this issue, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    http://officespdev.uservoice.com

>> my workaround is to use an EWS call using the itemId (from your server or from the app itself) and ask for the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID of this item

Thanks for sharing this workaround, I suggest you post a new reply on this thread, share us the solution, and mark the reply as answer and then others who run into the same issue would find the solution easily.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 25, 2016 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Benoit,

>> For email sent from Outlook Desktop (with an Office 365 account) the Office.context.mailbox.item.internetMessageId is null. However this value is well set if you look in OWA.

I made a test with your description, and I could reproduce your issue. For this issue, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    http://officespdev.uservoice.com

>> my workaround is to use an EWS call using the itemId (from your server or from the app itself) and ask for the PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID of this item

Thanks for sharing this workaround, I suggest you post a new reply on this thread, share us the solution, and mark the reply as answer and then others who run into the same issue would find the solution easily.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, March 25, 2016 2:11 AM
  • Hi Edward, 

you sure the user voice is the right place to put bug report? Looks much more a feature request place to me. I posted there several ideas yet.

Sincerely

Benoit

Friday, March 25, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi Benoit,

>> you sure the user voice is the right place to put bug report?

Yes, for bug report and feature request, you could submit in the user voice site. It will be some delay, and your patience would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, March 28, 2016 12:34 AM