none
Deploying to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I´ve installed locally Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (SP1-CU4) (KB4024305) Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard VM and restored the WideWorldImporters database, which is especially for SQL2016. Right?

When I do a ´deploy database to Microsoft Azure´ it runs and gives at a certain time the following message:

==

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

Could not import package.
    Warning SQL0: A project which specifies SQL Server 2016 as the target platform may experience compatibility issues with Microsoft Azure SQL Database v12.
    Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 40536, Level 16, State 32, Line 5 'COLUMNSTORE' is not supported in this service tier of the database. See Books Online for more details on feature support in different service tiers of Windows Azure SQL Database.
    Error SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:
    CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX [CCX_Fact_Movement]
        ON [Fact].[Movement]([Movement Key])
        ON [PS_Date] ([Date Key]);

CREATE CLUSTERED COLUMNSTORE INDEX [CCX_Fact_Movement]
        ON [Fact].[Movement] WITH (DROP_EXISTING = ON)
        ON [PS_Date] ([Date Key]);

(Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac)

==

The above messages appear when the deploy is doing the following: importing database, importing package schema and imporing into database and updating database.

I´ve tried to figur out what is wrong but could not find a solution.

When I do the same action with the AdventureWorks2014 database it runs without any issues.

Can anyone tell me what is the issue and how to solve it?

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies