none
Controlling Excel cell formating RRS feed

• Question

• While copying values to excel cells, we usually use ctrl+v, this copies text as well as its formatting.

I am looking for a way where we can paste special "text" only while using ctrl+v shortcut.

Prashant Dixit

Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:34 AM

Answers

• I assume you mean PasteSpecial Values without formatting. Probably best to leave ctrl-v as consistent between applications. There isn't a built-in shortcut for paste values but try Alt,H,V,V

The combination may be different in non-English versions but start with Alt and you should be able to work it out. Alternatively assign a shortcut to a macro that does paste values but you will lose Undo.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:39 PM

All replies

• I assume you mean PasteSpecial Values without formatting. Probably best to leave ctrl-v as consistent between applications. There isn't a built-in shortcut for paste values but try Alt,H,V,V

The combination may be different in non-English versions but start with Alt and you should be able to work it out. Alternatively assign a shortcut to a macro that does paste values but you will lose Undo.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:39 PM
  • Thanks.

This will some how help me.

Prashant Dixit

Friday, February 13, 2015 6:31 AM